Friday, January 11, 2008

New Tag!

Favorite Month of the year:
September because there is such an air of anticipation. Children are starting back to school and are full of news of friends, learning, and activities. I always feel a little twinge that I am not starting back also. The nip in the air that changes the green to autumn colors and reminds you that Thanksgiving and Christmas are just around the corner.

Favorite Holiday & Why:
Christmas is my favorite holiday because I love to get everyone gifts and anticipate their reaction. Family fun and activities, friends, and of course salty-sweet hams and homemade treats! Christmas music seems to gift wrap the season with a big bow. The reminder of the birth of the Savior seems encourages us all to be kinder, more loving and thoughtful.

Do you like Storms:
I love to watch lightening storms for hours. I love the earthy smell of a summer rain. One of my favorite memories is being safe in the dock at Lake Powell and seeing great, jagged lightening strikes split the sky against the red rocks and improptu silver waterfalls of rain cascading down. All that power reminds me how small we really are.
Indoors or Outdoors:
I love the outdoors. I have tortured my children for years with hikes in Snow Canyon, Stewart Falls, Y mountain, etc. The beauty that surrounds you whenever you are outside in a lovely place; the ocean or the mountains, makes me realize how much we are loved by our Heavenly Father.
Favorite Season:
I love the fall. The changing fall leaves look like they have been frosted with fire and the smell of fires in the air.

People I tag: Alyssa, Lyn, and Amanda

2 comments:

Whitney Tanner said...

It's true you really have tortured us...hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

lyn. said...

Wow, Leslie, I never knew you had such a way with the words!! I loved reading this post...

Isn't if fun "torturing" the kids for their own good? teehee...