Tuesday, January 8, 2008

My late Christmas post...hehe

• wrapping paper or gift bags:
bags. it's much easier, the only downside is that people can peek .
• real tree or artificial: I'd prefer a real tree, but I find we are usually to busy to have one.
• when do you put your tree up:
After Thanksgiving, which people tend to skip.

by january 1.
• hot chocolate or apple cider:
Hot Chocolate-I make really good homade chocolate

• favorite gift received as a child:
My mother made a China doll for me. I still have it to this day, she has a red dress and my mother hand painted her.
• do you have a nativity scene:
yes. several- my favorite is one Wayne and I got in Israel.
• hardest person to buy for:
Wayne- last year he told me what he wanted and posted pictures everywhere, and then preceeded to buy everything himself.
• easiest person to buy for: Jared. He loves everything.
• worst christmas gift ever received:
Used clothes from Deseret Industries when I was 17 it seemed like a huge deal!
• mail or email christmas cards:
Mail- I have it easy though, Wayne mails them from his office.
• favorite christmas movie: It's a wonderful Life
• have you ever recycled a christmas present:
oh yeah.
• favorite thing to eat at christmas:
That's a tough one-Home made pecan logs, breakfast bake, and scones.
• clear or colored lights:
Colored.
• favorite christmas song:
O Holy Night, Mary's lullaby, and Silent Night.
• travel or stay home:
stay home.
• can you name all the santa.s reindeer: Yes.
• angel or star:
The angel my daughter made in preschool.
• favorite christmas memory:
This isn't my favorite, but very memorable. One year my dad was in Vietnam over Christmas and he recorded a tape he made especially for Christmas and we all listened to it under the tree and it was almost like he was there. My mom recorded us opening our presents so he could feel like he was there.

2 comments:

lyn. said...

Welcome back!

You need to share your homemade hot chocolate recipe...

brittany said...

i love your Christmas memory!